Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 4 – 8 pm
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel calls them one of the 10 Wisconsin Bands to Watch: Horse shoes and Hand Grenades is coming to Horicon tonight, 6-7:30pm!
Hailing from the river town of Stevens Point, Wisconsin, HHG plays something like progressive high-energy Old-Time folk music. With strong roots in old-time and bluegrass, the band has formed it’s own unique style born from the diverse musical backgrounds and interests of the five friends who make up the band. All born and raised in the great state of Wisconsin, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades beganplaying music and their earliest shows in the spring of 2009. Since then, the band has shared the stage with the Infamous Stringdusters,Yonder Mountain String Band, Charlie Parr, Pert Near Sandstone, Art Stevenson and Highwater,.357 String Band, The Big Wu, and many more. Being mostly inspired by rivers, valleys, good friends, and good drink, this five piece is as sturdy as any midwest riverbed and will make your toes tape from sundown to sunrise.
Farmers Market: The height of summer produce! Tomatoes, broccoli, potatoes, hot peppers, sweet peppers, summer squash, cucumbers, melons, beans, cabbage, radishes, fresh herbs, garlic, onions, greens, kohlrabi, canned goods, honey, perennials, handmade crafts, fine art, hand crafted soap, and locally roasted coffee.
Art in the Park free children’s project: Foil Art (6 -7:30 pm)
Food Vendor: Horicon PTO (5-8 pm)
Lemonade flavors: Old Fashioned Lemonade, Strawberry Lemonade, Berry Blast, Sweet Tea
Weekly 50 / 50 cash raffle (4-8 pm)
- We will have a 50/50 raffle each week at the market.
- Raffle tickets can be purchased underneath the blue and white Horicon Phoenix tent.
- $1 for 1, $5 for 10, or an arm-length for just $10!
- The winner will be announced at the end of the evening.
- Winner must be present to claim the prize.
- All proceeds from the raffle help fund the summer concert series.
Horicon Phoenix Tent at the Market (4-8 pm)
- Fundraising and info for different local community organization each week.
- Pick up a free copy of our events magazine, Horicon Rising.
- Purchase a Horicon Phoenix reusable market bag ($5).
- Purchase Kwik Trip gift cards (Horicon Phoenix receives 10% of the proceeds).
- Learn about our new Horicon Phoenix Membership Program.
- Purchase 50/50 raffle tickets.
The Art Market of Wild Goose Fine Arts United (4-8 pm)
- An art gallery in a tent!
- Changing selections of art from members of Wild Goose Fine Arts United will be presented each Wednesday.
- Watch for Laura from Original Oils creating works of art live at the market!
- This week at the Art Market tent: Sleepy Sailor Coffee will be selling their local artisan roasted coffee beans and will be selling iced coffee.